3.1 C
Munich
Tuesday, October 4, 2022

‘Checkmate’ by ITZY debuts at 8th on the Billboard main albums chart

According to Billboard, CDs made up 98% of the album's first week's sales, with digital album sales accounting for the remaining 2%.

Must read

FINN
FINNhttps://magazine.frontierindia.com
Frontier India News Network is the in-house news collection and distribution agency.

With the release of their fifth EP, “Checkmate,” the South Korean girl group ITZY earned its first top 10 position on the main albums list of U.S. Billboard. ITZY band members include Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna.

In a sneak peek at the next chart, Billboard stated on Sunday (U.S. time) that ITZY’s Checkmate debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard 200, giving the South Korean quintet its first top 10 effort.

Measured by equivalent album units, which include both physical album sales and other digital sales records, the Billboard 200 lists the top-selling albums in the United States for the previous week.

K-pop girl group ITZY's fifth EP Checkmate
K-pop girl group ITZY’s fifth EP Checkmate.

“Checkmate,” which was released on July 15, generated 33,000 equivalent album units, of which album sales comprised 33,000 units.

According to Billboard, CDs made up 98% of the album’s first week’s sales, with digital album sales accounting for the remaining 2%.

ITZY’s debut studio album, “Crazy in Love,” peaked at number eleven when it was released in September of last year, making it the band’s highest-charting record to date.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article